The next two weeks will be crazy for me. School is starting; I’m running in a 200 mile relay race; And I’m working on two (or three or four) exciting longer term projects.
So I’m taking a break from the blog front.
In the mean time, here’s a little food for thought.
- Show kids the food chart. Ask them to think of other red colored foods. (Repeat with orange, yellow, green…)
- Use foods as a way to introduce 3-D shapes (an orange could be a sphere, carrot for cone, chocolate bar for rectangular prism…). It’s a lesson and a snack!
- Have children fill out the USDA food pyramid coloring page for kids.
- Read Spicy Alphabet, and name all the different colors.
More resources about food, shape, and color.
- Hubbard’s Cupboard has a free printable booklet about shapes and colors.
- Edupics.com has a wide assortment of fruits and veggies coloring pages.
- This blog posts pictures of school lunches from around the world.
I’ll be back in a couple of weeks. Enjoy the rest of summer.